We just got back from touring the new house, getting the keys, and saying goodbye to the family that has lived there (and let me say I was super impressed with the mummy from the house- no tears, totally keeping it together... not at all like the blubbering mess I was!!). We also got back from visiting and registering with a great new nursery- yay!! (The mom from the house recommended it to us!) The place was super cute... cubbies were outside for everyone's shoes, there was a great outdoor play area, the inside was super clean and tidy- no shoes allowed indoors, a proper "music" room, 3 stories, lots of toys and learning centers... it was really sweet! A veerrrryyyy pregnant teacher came right up to D and M and took them under her wing when we arrived. I was NEVER that energetic at that stage of pregnancy- impressive. The boys will wear uniforms- one super sweet pinstripe "sailor" type outfit in the morning, and then after outdoor play and activity all morning they shower (!!) and change into a t-shirt and jersey shorts. If you click on: http://www.learningvision.com/gallery/ you can see the kids in the clothes. Mostly they are in the t-shirt outfit but if you scroll down to National Day Excursion 2008 and click on the third picture from the left you can see the little boy in the sailor-type outfit. (The outfit is the same for the girls except they wear skirts). And yes, the boys will learn Mandarin. I was REALLY hesitant about this at first, particularly for D as he is a bit of a "late bloomer" and can easily get frustrated when he doesn't master something, but I have come around to the idea and am actually pretty excited about it. I wish I could learn some too!!!
The best part about nursery is a) it's a stone's throw from our new house (just like First Class in Aberdeen!!)... in fact, from the director's office you can actually see our house... and b) it means friends for D and M. They were so excited to see other kids today they ran off with the preggo teacher and their soon-to-be classmates. They never looked back. Poor D has been playing with my mobile phone and "calling" everyone from First Class- Max, Ben, Reece, Owen, Matthew, Daniel B., Samuel and also my best buddy Leanna (not from First Class, obviously)- and asking them if they want to come over for his birthday in September. Poor thing. He needs mates! And I am relieved about the uniforms because the shops here are starting to show the Fall/Winter collections- sweaters and jeans! In this heat! I had a near panic attack in OshKoshBGosh and bought out the sale rack. I don't see the boys EVER putting on a Baby Gap zip up sweatshirt hoodie here. Thank goodness I can buy Learning Vision Centre t-shirts and shorts year round...
So this is good! As for me I am rummaging around the classifieds looking for a job, volunteer work, etc. Lots of "Singaporean/PR (Permanent Resident) need only apply" or I need to speak Mandarin or Malay. But I am not giving up! I saw a volunteer opportunity from the Buddhist Federation to teach Dharma to the incarcerated and drug addicted... I do like the challenge aspect of that one!
Tomorrow our sea shipment comes to the new house!!
Thursday, 6 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment