Sunday, 20 June 2010

Venner

Friends.
As I have grown old I have understood that you don't know who your friends are until
a) you nearly die or
b) you become an expat.
Ha!
I have gotten the opportunity to have both at the same time!!!!
And I have heard all that crap- a friend for a reason, season, blah, blah bullshit. But bottom line to me is, you are a friend if you can still cope with me and my crazy self, don't feel jealous that you haven't been to Switzerland or Vietnam (cause I don't friggin care!), are steadfastedly Republican and HATE my politics but don't mind my ranting, and can see people for who they are and want to share the journey of friendship without conditions... etc.....
That's a friend.

So, here are the boys with some of their "besties."











Last week the boys got invited to R and J's house for a playdate and dinner along with their best buddies, the other R and J. Except the original R and J's parents came home and didn't allow the maids to eat. So Jane came home with the boys stuffed full of lasagna at about 7:30pm looking tired and positively famished. I said we would return the dinner playdate this week and actually feed the maids...
The BBQ....
I highly recommend a BBQ for maids. Every time I turned around someone was doing dishes or cleaning up. I said, It's okay! Don't worry! but they still cleaned everything.... and said thanks for the food!!!!


The boys and I made brownies the day before....






On Friday we got invited to my famous pastry chef friend's house for Father's Day cupcake decorating. Yum and fun!!!



The "other" Daniel. He is GORGEOUS and we heart him.




Then on Friday night it was back to our old antics at the neighborhood street party...

When I showed up everyone said, OMG!! Where are your margaritas? And okay, I was slightly disappointed... of all of my culinary skills my cocktails are the most desired? Damn.
I soooo heart these people. Adrian is my funny waxist (yay! so close! 2 doors down!) and Kate has become a lovely friend. We seem to have so many laughs these days... I heart Kate.
Cheers!






We took the boys in for a bath and bed at about 9pm and ended up retiring ourselves. I saw Adrian the next day and apologized for the early exit. "No prob." she said, "We call that phantoming. It's like, you just disappear (she waved her arms)... phantoming."
Cool, I said (and okay, summed up my best Ben Stiller-esque response.). "We 'phantomed'."
I heart Adrian-Australian-speak.

On Saturday after a morning at the park we went to Picotin, quite possibly the world's best restaurant.
Yum.
And after our fab-o lunch D's glasses broke in the car. How did I know this was coming?
But more importantly, here is a shout out to 2 fab venner who were vvveeerrrryyyy understanding to me Saturday night- W and S. Thanks, ladies.
Takk gud for friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment