Monday, 3 September 2012

Back to School

Holy Frijoles!!
If no one hears from me until Christmas- don't take it personally!
I have started my new teaching assignment at Klein Oak... and I thought I was busy this summer-ha! I love, love, love it though and I wouldn't trade it for anything. My priorities have to shift even more than ever (it's not like I was a barfly before or anything!) and I have to juggle a small amount of time with a whole lot to do. It all sounds slightly negative but it's not. I absolutely love my job, I love having my non- job time with the boys and working across the street from them, and I love my connection with the gym- I still teach Monday evenings and Saturday mornings. I miss the extra sleep, downtime, chance to clean the house more and cook nicer meals, etc. etc. but all in all I am very content!
 
D and M ready for their first day of Kinder and First grade!

My English 3 team! Don't get excited about the term English 3- it is technically taken in junior year but I have 19 year olds in there (who credit-wise are freshmen). Yikes. I also have convicted felons, gang members, pregnant teens, mothers and millionaire cheerleaders- all in the same class! But I love it!


On Friday night I dragged the boys out to their first high school football game! If anyone knows how to do Friday night at at the local stadium- it's Texas!





The boys and I made it up onto the big video screen and got to wave to the crowd. J was amazed at the size of it all- KO is one of the Top 5 biggest high schools in Texas! We only made it to half time before the boys got really tired (read: mean) but it was a great game. We went into overtime but won- whew.
I will do my best to keep up with all of action in our lives this fall but I do honestly know that I have a lot less time at the computer, so patience will be a virtue here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment