Monday, 27 February 2012

Crafty

We seem to be passing around the same annoying-but-not-serious cold around here. It has lasted weeks! It has meant a lot of phlegm, some sore throats, stuffy noses, headaches and more. We still try to get out and be active, but we are also preserving our health and sanity by finding some low key indoor activities. Between teaching full time, continuing work at the gym, and J's travels, the boys and I have been doing some crafts during our time all together. Nothing fancy- I am so horribly craft-disabled, but I pick up things where I can (read- the pre made kits at Michael's, NOT inspiration from pinterest- if only!) and the boys can cut and glue and arrange and re-arrange as they please. M especially loves stickers, so the big buckets of foam stickers from Michael's and Wal Mart are a hit.





M made a hat at school for Go Texan Day. I was a BAD mummy and totally let this slide this year- I just forgot. I need to re-prioritize and let not let work overcome me- dressing as a cowboy is big stuff! Oh well, the boys and I made chili for dinner that night in honor of Cook Off.


Dang that Michael's. We now have a Shamrock wreath on the front door, some eggs and a wire bunny in the garden, an Easter wreath ready to be put up March 18- aka the Day After St. Pat's- and a whole lot of Easter crafts down the pipeline. If only I could teach the boys NOT to stick stickers to the countertops.... Sigh. And oh yeah- did I mention we now have shamrock cake sprinkles??

Happy Spring!



In my defense it's probably only a year or two until they start hating this stuff and accuse me of making them do "girly" things, so I am enjoying buying chicks and bunnies and flowers while I can! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment