Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Making Flags

The boys saw Nina and Star making flags the other night on the Sprout channel (I know, I know- we are totally wild and cutting edge!) and have been asking to try doing it too. So Monday after I picked them up it was thundery and sprinkling and the perfect afternoon for art. D and M loved every minute of it! I miss our porch set-up in Singapore- it was perfect for painting (which we did A LOT.) And I must admit I wasn't always the most concerned if paint ruined a wall or something.... it is different when you don't own the place! Now we do less art at home, but I am trying to come up with some new ideas for projects. I have this huge fear about D starting public school and not getting any art, music, PE, recess, fresh air, etc. in lieu of hours and hours of state mandated standardized testing. Sigh.

Anyway- here is our flag making!












No comments:

Post a Comment