This story is sort of funny and sort of tragic!
I seem to be getting all of the germs Texas has to offer....
I felt a little strange Friday night, but chalked it up to all the darn commuting I do all week. (The boys started nursery down by our house. They go three days a week. I drive them there and back up to my parents, run errands- which usually means more driving- go to the gym, etc., then drive down again to pick them up and back up to my parent's house to make dinner. So on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I am driving at least 4 hours. If you see me on I-45 tearing my hair out motion to me to please stop. Hair thins as we age, damnit.)
Then on Saturday morning I hit the gym for 2 hours of classes because I was all psyched up for a wonderful friend's birthday party. (It just so happens this wonderful friend is an awesome cook and I was trying to get some major calorie award points for the meal at the party.) Yippee!! J and I would have our first ever invite out where the Grandparents watched the kids. We have never had this! I know people who don't use daycare- they use grandparents! I know people who go on trips- to foreign friggin countries- and use grandparents! We have never had any of this and I was highly excited to cash in!!!!
But at the gym I felt strange and wondered why everything seemed so tough. My heart seemed to be pumping extra hard. Oh well, I shrugged it off and blamed it on all those weeks of missed workouts.
Then it was lunchtime and J and I set out. First we planned to head to a car dealership, then to our house to meet the painter recommended to us by our friend, and then down to H-town to par-tay. (This is how you have to plan your day when you live out in the bush! You have to leave at lunch for 2 errands and an evening shindig.)
I was super excited not only for the Grandparents babysitting meal ticket but also because I was going out on a limb with leggings and a dress. I haven't done leggings since grade school but I am always up for a challenge! (And I am always freezing lately!)
But at the car dealership I felt like a wave hit me and I told J I had to go lay down. So I fell asleep in the car while J found... nothing.
Then we drove to the house with time to spare and all I wanted to do was lay down. Again. So I crawled into the room that will be our bedroom and laid my head on a pile of towels, bath mats, and throw pillows from Kohl's. God love that Kohl's!! But my teeth were chattering so I begged J to find me a blanket. Luckily our out of stock bedding had been shipped so I wrapped up in our new Ralph Lauren comforter. I think I passed out! I didn't wake up until I heard J say, Oh yes, um, well, my wife is asleep on the floor of our room....
Then I remembered Jesus was coming to give us a quote to do some painting and put a covering on our garage floor. I rolled over and saw him. Oh hi, I think I am um....
But as soon as I opened my mouth I knew I was sick so I jumped up, new dress twisted in all directions (thank God for those leggings!), party hair smashed against my face, and mascara dripping from one eye and promptly vomited in the toilet while Jesus and J looked on with mouths wide open.
I am one classy lady!
So we nixed the party plans and I felt like I was headed into a deathly abyss of stomach bug illness. It wasn't until about 5am the next morning that I was able to keep some 7 up down and started feeling really depressed. My first chance to go to a party and have Grandparents babysit and what did I do?
I puked all over the opportunity.
Literally.
Today I can walk and as you can see, type. Each day gets better. I hate being sick.
Happy Birthday my Dear Friend. This year is a special one! I will make it up to you!!!!
And poor Jesus, he only texts me now. Too afraid to answer the phone.....
Tuesday, 11 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Okay that is hilarious, wondered where you were! Sorry to hear it but man can you make a funny story out of puke!!!
ReplyDelete