Sunday, 23 January 2011

The Rockets Run

On Saturday J and I got up super early, braved the cold- it was minus 2 C!!- and drove to Houston for the Rockets Run. It was a great event for a lot of reasons!! Our registration fee covered a donation to the Rockets' charity for healthcare and each runner got a free ticket to a Rockets game! So J and I are going to a game soon! The course was flat (which is pretty standard for Houston!) and I got my best time EVER so I was very, very happy. The run ended in the Toyota Center, where the Rockets play, and we crossed the finish line while running out onto the court like a real basketball player! Cool!!!


There was a Kid's Fun Run too. I wish I had known this- the boys would have loved it!



Pre Race- I was freezing!

And poor J had shorts on!

Not the best pic, but this is Post Race in the Toyota Center.

They had pizza for us! At 8:30 in the morning! Awesome!!!
(And poor J again- he had to wear my mittens!!)

Meeting the mascots....


So next weekend I am back for more torture- I am running another 5k on Sunday to celebrate my Type 1 Diabetes diagnosis anniversary!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment