Wednesday, 1 August 2012

August Already!

This summer is flying by!
I realize it has been nearly a month since the last post- I cannot believe today is the first day of August- already! Soon M will start school and D will be in first grade... crazy.
The boys and I have really enjoyed our time together this summer. I am still working at the gym, but I decided to save the cash spent on nursery and bring the boys with me to work. We have a Kids Club that operates in the morning, and my Dad has been gracious enough to help me when I have to work in the afternoons. I am super lucky to have this help- how many people can take their kids to work or have a parent watch them? The money saved has been great, too. The boys and I both love their nursery, and last summer it seemed more important to have them enrolled so they could continue to adjust to American life, but this summer it has worked for them to be with me. The only part I haven't liked is commuting with them- people drive crazy and I am always afraid someone will hit us... sigh.
I will miss this time with these guys when school starts in a few weeks!!

So here is some of what we have been up to...

Loving Everything Angry Birds. Including tattoos. 




A Sunday trip to Lake Livingston to check it out- it is very different than Lake Conroe! It has a much more rugged feel, but I love it!



We dog sat! Lucy was full of life as usual. She bolted out the front door one rainy afternoon when we were headed to Science Camp. We chased her for 4 blocks before a man caught her muddy little self. It's a good thing I love my Mom and knew she wanted her dog back; otherwise I think I might just have left Lucy to run for the hills....


D lost his first tooth! He kept it loose and wiggling for 10 whole days (he was afraid of the pain and blood) and then it fell out on a tortilla chip at Chili's. Funny how 2 years ago I ruined the Tooth Fairy for some poor child at the dentists' office, and yet D somehow still believes. He had J rig the video camera and tripod in his room to film her coming in for his tooth that night because he was determined to show me she really does exist.

We had our buddy Tyler over for a playdate!

We went back to Lake Livingston for a night. Here are the guys swimming at Lake Livingston State Park.





The boys were getting hotter and increasingly tired...
 .... they are not amused here!

 Helping to chop vegetables for dinner...


And that is us! I have worked a ton this summer but have loved it. I continue to learn a lot from the people I work with- both colleagues and students in my classes. I got 2 of my very own classes- no sharing- which is a huge deal. It's been over a year and a half now of living in the States again, and although none of it has gone as I imagined we are doing okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment