“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” Andre Gide "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.” Helen Keller
“We should come home from adventures, and perils, and discoveries every day with new experience and character.” Henry David Thoreau
Why Lions and Tigers?
Well.... a few reasons, actually! Lions and Tigers started in 2009 when D and M were in Scotland and we learned we were moving to Singapore. They would often mix up lions and tigers in their speech, even though they are some of their favorite animals! Second, Singapore is referred to as "the lion city" and since our move to Singapore inspired this blog it seemed appropriate. Finally, I love "Neon Tiger" by the Killers, and although I am not entirely sure of the meaning of or inspiration for the song I have heard it has something to do with Sigfried and Roy's tiger and being on display in the bright lights and chaos of Las Vegas. And Singapore has a lot of bright lights (and glitz and glamour) so it kind of fits. Anyway, tigers are often used in reference to Asia ("Paper tigers" and the Vietnam War, Sleeping Tigers, Economic Tigers, etc.) so there you go. It was good for that time in our lives when we started it, and I still like the title for the next phase in our lives: a big move to Houston, Texas! Wow!!
I had been worried that I wouldn't find enough for the boys to do this summer, but it seems hanging out with me at the gym and spending hours at the pool has tired them out quite nicely...
No comments:
Post a Comment