M has been very curious about lemonade lately. It is summer and very very hot here, so while I encourage the boys to drink a lot I also explain they need to curb their sugary drink intake. We have a lot of light lemonade which the boys enjoy, but I am not too crazy about all of the artificial sweeteners, so we talk about the benefits of plain water and other beverages. M has been convinced that he can make great lemonade with only lemons and water. I decided to let him try.
Each boy got to squeeze the lemons... note our gardener working in the backyard! Oops!
Tasting lemon water...
I tried to explain some of the benefits of straight lemon water, but I think M's face says it all.
A kitchen experiment completed. I don't think they'll try this one again any time soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment