Thursday, 24 November 2011

To read



Honestly, I don't know when or how it happened.



But D can read!



It's not reading as in he comes home and reads the paper cutout story he made at school. That was weeks ago.



All of a sudden, practically overnight, he can read. Like, everything.



I noticed it when we went to a nearby chain restaurant for lunch. I told him the options from which he could order and 2 seconds later he said, But you didn't mention french fries!



No, I didn't because I didn't want him eating them.



But he read them off the menu.



And I got caught in a lie!



So what is it like to have a child able to read? A bit scary. Especially with this welcome mat from my Dad. I knew we couldn't put it outside in case our HOA came after us, so it sits in the garage. But the other day D was reading it....



It says, Oh no! Not you again! J quickly filled in.



No it doesn't, replied D. It says, Oh sss, shhh, shhhiii...






Oh shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment