Sunday, 15 August 2010

An End Has a Start

So... a lot of people know that one of my favorite albums is Editors' "An End Has a Start." It's brilliant music. (And brilliant Brit music, I might add.)

And now our trip to Texas- and the US- has come to an end. But there is a start for us here as well. (More on that later!)

The pics:
Saturday lunch with Grandma at Chuy's. Not soooo impressed with the restaurant (like I used to be) but maybe I am getting complacent about Mexican food now or something. Who knows?

One thing is for sure; these boys are without a doubt "Grandma's boys." She is hands-down their favorite relative. Sorry to anyone else in the running- this love affair with Grandma is without equal.

My parents were very kind and watched the boys on our last evening in Texas. J and I hit a local joint for some local faire. Man- BEST. FOOD. EVER. (And no, probably NOT recommended by the American Heart Association. Oops.)

Boiled crawfish in a super, lip-burning, sauce, fried fish and hushpuppies, honey BBQ boneless chicken wings. Yee-haw!


J had, ahem 4 beers, and I only drank half of this glass of wine. I was the driver. It was still yummy.

And here is our Start. Something new and pristine that we have never had. It's a funny feeling! Kind of like, Pinch Me?? Or, God damnit! Now I have to learn to mow the lawn?
Not sure, but more on this little purchase later.... when the gods allow....

What suckers purchased this?


An end and a start. Good bye USA. See you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment