Where to begin? Seeing my sister and nieces for extra time than planned was AWESOME and definitely the highlight of everything. I loved CA and my dinner at Chevy's with the old school crew. I loved the time spent with Leanna. I loved (and am loving) meeting up with and catching up with Theresa. I loved coming to Texas and seeing Rachel and knowing I will see her again on the other side of the globe. Sigh.
And this week? Let me give you a rundown:
Saturday Laura and her boys come for a playdate. We moved into Laura's house in Singapore. I'd probably spoke about 20 minutes with her in total, then- thank God for Facebook and blogs- got to know her better. She is one of those people you just want to be more like... and when she came up for a swim I hoped her kindness, patience and insight would reach me through osmosis or something. Funny that I met her in Singapore, she now lives in Australia and we swam together in Texas.
On Monday on a whim I phoned my dear old friend and former co-cheerleading coach, Tami. "If you're around you are coming to dinner with me and I won't take no for an answer!" was the message I left on her answering machine. 2 hours later we were breaking bread and talking as if no time had passed.
On Wednesday my brother came. My boys cannot get enough of him. They are constantly crawling into his lap, asking for stories, wanting to play ball. And he is so fantastic and doting on them. It's been great.
And tonight I drove (white knuckled, albeit) down to Post Oak Blvd to meet my old buddy, my Cool Cat friend (sounds cheesy, but back in the day us "Cool Cats" had heart!) Gina. She sent me a Facebook message (I'll say it again, GOD LOVE FACEBOOK) and said she was coming in last minute for work, flew in Wed night and left Friday afternoon but was free Thursday night. I hauled the boys from Montgomery, Texas down to the Galleria during Rush Hour (this shows how much I love you, Gina), said a lot of Hail Mary's, and had an amazing time visiting an old friend.
Wow! I am fortunate!
And this weekend I am invited to an "Aberdeen Moms and Tots" BBQ reunion sort of thing. Thank you, Angela- I am ever grateful for this. I love spending time with all these fantastic people.
I've hit the jackpot.
Truly.
With Uncle Brent at the Lake House. I don't think either one of the boys ever let him go....
This was a terrific post!! I was thinking of writing something similar on my blog because this has been my favorite trip as well. I really did enjoy meeting in person and hope we get the chance to do it again someday on some continent. At least now I won't feel like your internet stalker!
ReplyDelete