Monday, 18 January 2010

Assortment...

Here's what we've been up to lately...


The boys love my new felt/flannel board I use for teaching my young Japanese students. They are exploring the "Fruits and Vegetables" unit here:

One non-appealing thing about Chinese New Year?
Eel meat.
No thanks.

Ahhh... another foot shot. What can I say? I'm obsessed.
You can kind of see the scar here.... still need some pain meds at night because I am up and running at breakneck speed in the day, but I am so happy to have a normal-ish foot! I celebrated with a shoe purchase the other day- of course- ballet flats that I could have only dreamed of before.


Warning! Pool shots ahead!
This week the surgeon gave me the go-ahead to get back into the pool- thank God! I love swimming and pools- the swimming pool is one of the happiest places to be for me. Growing up in California we never had a pool, and I used to think the one thing that would make me happy as an adult was a pool. I didn't care about education, career, house, car, experience... I would only know I had made it in life if I had a pool. Someday I WILL have one....
Anyway, I got back to swimming this week and it was great. Granted, I was a little lopsided and I used much more of my upper body than normal, but it was still bliss.
So of course on Sunday I had everyone's swim clothes packed by 8am and we were at Toa Payoh with the sunrise.


Then, on Sunday afternoon we got invited to some friends' place and went swimming at their condo... the boys were in heaven!




Me and a smiley M


D + ice cream + swimming pool = the height of happiness

Then there is M, who has taken to loving Diet Coke... oops. :(
Later we had pizza at our friends' condo and the "boys" enjoyed the toys





1 comment: