Whew.
Saturday was more lessons. J took the boys to the zoo and I really, really wanted to be with them. Boo. But they had a nice day and that night when I went home I went to a jentekveld! So much fun! Norwegian girls night!! Gløgg and pepperkaker and other yummies…. as well as fantastic women whom I feel so fortunate to have spent the evening with! (Well, except for the fact that they’re all these stereotypical Scandinavian “knockouts” and it’s easy to feel like a short troll next to them!!) Takk, Wenche!!! Flott og koselig kveld!!!
On Sunday I was really wanting some “mummy time” with my two best boys so I took them swimming by myself. We had a blast (although they were a bit naughty in the dressing room- running around like screaming banshees naked…. thought we would get thrown out!) and afterward J joined us and we picked up the ham I ordered (yes, must eat ham for Christmas before we go) and had lunch.
On Sunday evening we had a neighborhood “block” party (as they used to call them when I grew up). Believe me, I was not too excited about hanging out with neighbors but the night turned out to be FANTASTIC. And here’s where I must say thanks to Matt and Laura for finding this house and this neighborhood which is so uber kid friendly. This party and especially Halloween reminded me of the nice neighborhood I grew up in- with families and playmates and safety and the ability to be outside until late. We all had a wonderful time- and yes, if I am honest I did avoid our dryer neighbors but in the end I almost ended up feeling a bit sorry for them. They seem to have a hard time fitting in and just chilling out. Oh well. They gave us a Christmas card so I know they are trying too, and I must get over my anger and move forward…. It doesn’t make sense to hold on to past frustrations.
Some pics...
No comments:
Post a Comment